Re: VTR Convention

To: Tony Childs <tochilds@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: VTR Convention
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:12:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Bob Danielson <rdaniels@snet.net>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Tony Childs wrote:

> My wife and I will be there with "Avis" (my Spitfire) on my trailer but she
> ain't no trailer queen!   Just not enough room in a Spit for a week's worth
> of my wife's clothes and other necessities!  We'll be staying at the Holiday
> Inn.  We will be caravaning in with Ralph & Janet Jannelli (also trailering
> his concours winning Spit "Scarlett").
> See everyone there!

Someday I hope to find in my own storage, and have scanned for the
VTR/TSOA newsletter page (courtesy one of our Florida chapters) an issue
of the TSOA newsletter from the early 1970s. There was a feature article,
with "graphic" photograph, describing how a couple packed an incredible
amount of gear, clothing, other necessities, spare parts and goodness
knows what else into a Mk.2 Spitfire for what I recall was a longish tour
throughout Europe. I think one photo showed all the gear spread around
the car; they made it all fit inside and/or on a luggage rack. Pretty
amazing!

--Andy