Looking for info - CV joints, indirect LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for info - CV joints, indirect LBC
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:19:15 -0400
In my ongoing plans to upgrade the rotoflex suspension on my GT-6, to do
without the rotoflex, I am searching for donor drive axles with CV joints.
My knowledge is limited as to whats is out there with respect to
contemporary driveline components.  The ideal axle assembly would have
bolted joints on both ends of the axle assy.  Most axles that I have seen
are splined on the outboard side.

I plan on using the outboard axle stub from my GT-6, cutting off the "Y"
attachments for the rotoflex and welding to (ideally) an adapter plate
which in turn would bolt up to the CV joint.  On the diff side I would like
to machine an adapter plate between the diff output flange and another CV
joint.  THe donor CV joint axle  would be cut to length between the CV
joints and welded.  Hence I would like find an axle assy that would allow
me to bolt onto both ends of the CV joints.  Suggestions on hardware (donor
vehicles) to look for?  I am very hesitant to weld my GT-6 axle stub onto a
CV joint for fear of heat damage to the joint and I am unable to machine
splines (or pay to have someone else do this).