Re: TR4's vs 6's

To: sanborn@net1plus.com, Johntr6@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4's vs 6's
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 13:24:47 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-06-22 09:24:52 EDT, sanborn@net1plus.com writes:

<<  have owned a new TR4 in 1962 and new TR6 in 1972.  I have
 longed for all my life to have a TR4 again and have all but
 forgotten the TR6 as just another car I owned.

 The rigid axle TR4 with the super torquey 4 cyl engine is a
 much more real "blood and guts" britsh sports car experience
 than the TR6.  The horsepower and torque rating of an
 emmisions choked TR6 are only slight different than a TR4
 and IMHO the TR4 delivers a more throaty LBC engine sound,
 handing and total driving experience >>

Without exception, every single person I have ever known , who has owned
both a TR4 and a TR6, liked the 4 better - including one fellow I know who
traded in a TR4 for a TR6 back in the early 70s - when there were places
called
Triumph Dealers where you could do such things.
All of this makes me SO glad I've NEVER driven a TR4 - I lust after too many
other Triumphs and have too many projects already !

Cheers
Jack Mc
73 TR6 - World's Longest Running Unfinished TR6 restoration
2 69GT6+s - from which I fondly hope to build one good car