Re: TR4A top webbing

To: Gessner <gessner@tlcs.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A top webbing
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:29:02 -0700
The way I did mine was to rivet the front straps (they are at a slight
angle when folded under) Snap the levers into place with something that
approximates the thickness of the gasket between the top frame front lip
and the windscreen. Pull the webbing to the rear with the bow arms in
place until taunt and mark with chalk as they pass through the rear
retainer.Un snap the front. You can use the rods by looping the webbing,
and pulling it back through the slot, or, with an assistant, pull the
webbing down and tighten the retainer. It will hold the webbing in
place. I think the second is what the factory did, as there were small
rivet holes on  "tails" of my webbing attaching it to the gas tank
support area. Make sure all the bows are properly set, and rivet the
remaining intermediate plates in place. Jerry Oliver