Re: MGB Question

To: pbitton@axess.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Question
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:24:55 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/99 11:29:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pbitton@axess.com writes:

> Sorry for asking this question here, but my cousin asked me if I could
>  replace his fuel pump and I said sure. Unfortunately, I never worked on a
>  MGB. Can anyone tell me where the thing is located? I have no manuals to
>  work with and I haven't seen the car yet. This way you will probably save
me
>  time.

Patrick,

It's under the floor, near the right rear wheel, just in front of the axle.
If you bend down, you can see it through the wheel well without removing
anything. If you jack up the car and set the rear axle on jack stands, it's
not hard at all to change - less than 30 minutes for the first time.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74