Re: tire size for TR6 - AGAIN!!

To: Terry Morphy <1eagle@home.com>
Subject: Re: tire size for TR6 - AGAIN!!
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:08:52 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

    Terry> I have been running Goodyear Eagle GT+4's,
    Terry> 215-65R/15 on my 74 TR6 for 8 years and have had no
    Terry> problems with rubbing or scraping.  The car was my
    Terry> daily driver and in this area of Canada we get a
    Terry> lot more rain than snow.  I found the tires to be
    Terry> excellent in all driving conditions, certainly 100%
    Terry> improvement over the original or replacement Red
    Terry> Lines.

I had GT+4's on my "normal" car from the factory and I found
that the sidewall treadblocks "chunked" a lot, that is little
and occasionally big chunks of material broke off under hard
cornering.  This was 10 or 11 years ago on a fairly nose-heavy
FWD car occasionally used for soloII and rallye.  I replaced
them after only a year with A-001's and later A509's with
Hakkapalita's (SP) for winter.  I don't drive the TR in the
snow, so I see no reason for an all weather tire on there.  I
don't know if they've changed the GT+4's tread design in the
meantime.  Just another data point.

                                                        -MM