Re: Spitfire "Spyder"?

To: Chip19474@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire "Spyder"?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 09:56:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 Chip19474@aol.com wrote:

> Anyway, a PO fitted a GT6 bonnet to it but attached - on bonnet & boot - is a
> badge under the Triumph badge that says "Spyder".  It's a nice looking
> chromed item and it appears to belong there by the way its fastened and
> placed.  But, I don't ever remember seeing or hearing about a Spyder
> option/model for the Spitfire - could it be a GT6 option or is it off of a
> Fiat or something?

I think the TR7 had a Spyder edition, and I know there was a Chevy Monza
Spyder (altho I've only seen a few, and I can't remember if it's 'Spyder'
or 'Spider')

And I guess that with a bit of fiddling it's possible to cast
whatever-you-like out of pot metal or whatever and have it plated.  But I
suspect these badges, if not original, are pinched off a different car.

So will you have a Spytfyre?  Hmm...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm