76 TR-6

To: "Auto X Team Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 76 TR-6
From: "Jeff Burns" <jburn@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 05:20:36 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spitheads" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
I've found a 76 TR-6 four-speed in my area paper advertised for $2k OBO.
I've looked at it twice but haven't driven it (the owner has been a no-show
both times). The car looks good at first glance, closer inspection reveals
tinworm infested areas. Left rear fender is shot, rusted through at the top
(attaching ridge), and also at the rear. Other affected areas include the
battery tray and minor spots on the body. HOWEVER, the frame rails have
rusted through in at least three locations, but not where the swing-arms
attach. Floorpans are rusted through also. Interior is trashed, I almost
forgot, it has a hardtop, no ragtop, just a frame. According to the owner it
runs good. What's a good price to pay for this car?
TIA,
Jeff Burns
76 Spitfire FM 46763 UO
http://home1.gte.net/jburn/index.htm