HELP - NEW MASTER CYLINDER LEAKS MORE THAN OLD

To: rtr@tsquare.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: HELP - NEW MASTER CYLINDER LEAKS MORE THAN OLD
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:11:05 EDT
HELP!!!

Last weekend the brake master cylinder on my 1974 TR6 started leaking all
over the paint under my hood. It bubbled and peeled off. I decided to buy a
BRAND NEW master cylinder from a vendor at a show I was attending. It was not
cheap, but I thought that by replacing my leaky master cylinder with a new
one, I would NEVER have the same problem ever again.

I came home, removed the old master cleaned up, scraped, sanded, repainted
under the hood, and put on the new master. I attached the two fittings. I
thought I was ready to put in the Castrol and bleed the brakes. Well you know
the rest it - started leaking at the point where the master attaches to the
servo - right onto my new paint. I re-tightened all of my connections, still
it leaks. I siphoned all of the Castrol that I could get out... and that is
where I am right now. I need advise.

a) did I install the master wrong?
b) is the new master defective?
c) is it the wrong part?
d) HELP!!!!!

Please let me know as soon. I would like to take care of this as soon as
possible.

Thanks
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register