GT6+ Bonnet Wanted

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6+ Bonnet Wanted
From: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <dheglund@SGP.Honeywell.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:50:30 -0500
Hi, gang.   Still looking for a bonnet for my '69 GT6+.  The original hood
and a Mk1 replacement (which is on the car now) are both kinda shabby on the
right side.  Will consider the fiberglass copy being offered by LPB3 (on the
list) if nothing comes along sooner.  If a suitable bonnet does surface, I
will have two to get rid of, a Mk1 and +, both are good on the left wing and
headlight area, no rust.  But I'll hang onto them for now.
   Finally got "The Mistress" on the road yesterday after two years in the
backyard and garage.  Not pretty, but she's legal and almost everything
works.  Man, I'd forgotten how rough LBC's are.  Haven't driven one since my
'62 TR4 back in '73.  Will take some getting used to for these spoiled,
middle-aged bones.  It is a gas, though.
   Dave H.