RE: buying TR3?

To: dagger@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: buying TR3?
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:13:36 -0400
Hi, Doug. Just you wait until you speak to the owner: for something that
hasn't moved in years and shows no signs of ever doing so under current
ownership, you'll be amazed at how hard (meaning $$$) it can be (not always,
but most often) to get the owner to sell. If, as you say, this person is the
original owner, he still sees it through rose-colored glasses as the shining
little gem he drove home new from the dealership. When you do look at it,
take into account exactly what you'll have to spend to get it up & running.
You may wish to go for a previously-restored runner. I wish you luck! JD