Re: trouble in reverse........od?

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: trouble in reverse........od?
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 15:00:08 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Gary

A similar thig happened to me on my TR4  but without the 'snap'   I got
a whiiring noise from the o/d area when driving in reverse - the o/d was
engaged. I hardly got any drive at all - this is because the o/d won't
drive in reverse.   I found out that the adjustment was wrong (it had
just been rebuilt).  Although the books say that this usually trashes
the OD, after I finally got the adjustment on mine right it has worked
ever since.

Of course it could be something wrong with the electrics - if there is a
short in the wrong place (or a gearbox switch) then the o/d may be being
held on.   Some detective work is required !

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)