Re: TR4 heater question

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 heater question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 16:41:08 EDT
In a message dated 24-Apr-99 16:20:21 Eastern Daylight Time,
CarlSereda@aol.com writes:

> So again is the 'diverter flap' covered with felt or foam and is it
supposed
>  to have  a little 'rubber bumper' in the hole on corner of that panel?
>  Carl

Carl, mine was originally covered with thin foam. (now it's powder -- got it
all over my fingers).  Nothing in the hole although when I look at the
pictures of the heater unit in the workshop manual and the parts manual there
is a "clip" on the flap.  Coould be to prevent the flap from closing up
inside the unit.  That "clip" (not a good description - it is like a small
90degree angle iron)  is no longer on mine but I don't remember it being
there.  Of course you couldn''t see it anyway.

I can scan the picture and send it to you off-list if you'd like.  (Just got
a new scanner so :-)   Cheers.

Art Kelly