TR4 heater question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 heater question
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 16:16:50 EDT
Hi List
In dismantling my heater I have come up with a question. The bottom flap
panel that diverts the hot air to the floor or to the demisters has a little
hole in the corner of it-could it be for a littel rubber stop bumper? Also
was the diverter panel covered in felt or foam to seal the gaps around the
edges?... I found a big mouse house in the fan area on top of the core and
besides my chewed up rug in there they surely would have loved to take off
the felt if there was some on that panel.
So again is the 'diverter flap' covered with felt or foam and is it supposed
to have  a little 'rubber bumper' in the hole on corner of that panel?
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74