Re: TR-2 Gas Mileage

Subject: Re: TR-2 Gas Mileage
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:29:05 -0700
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Back in 1953, there were lots of places you could drive 40 (like any
secondary highway).  And, FWIW, I've also read that TR2s 'reliably' got
30 mpg in everyday driving !  Of course, the small engines with small
carbs and tall skinny tires may have made a difference !  I believe the
same article said TR3s got 24-26 mpg under the same circumstances.

Randall