Re: Re-use head studs?

To: <barron@solve.net>, <rdowty@iso.net>
Subject: Re: Re-use head studs?
From: "zink" <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:31:02 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
To all members of the list, I just want to say , never reuse head studs of
bolts that are suspect.  It is cheaper to spend the money for the new
studs/bolts than it is to redo a head and taking the chance of shelling an
engine.  Especially with the increased problem of locating parts and their
expense.  Why take a chance of blowing several hundred dollars worth of
parts and possibly labor to save 30 or 40 bucks on bolts?
If you do it right the first time, you don't have to do it again at added
expense.  Or worse yet, at a higher expense.  You can replace a head gasket
for 20 bucks, and cost yourself a thousand if it fails,  because your
bolts/studs can't be torque properly.  Believe me I know from first hand
experience.

Larry Zink
Z Group Racing and Performance
Houston, Texas
64 Spitfire4
83 Buick Regal (3.8 l Turbo, NHRA Inspected and raced)