Re: rolltop/soft top GT6's in US?

To: "Michael Noerregaard" <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rolltop/soft top GT6's in US?
From: "Alecks & John Graves" <alecks@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:02:09 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
67 GT6 Mk1

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Noerregaard <m_noerregaard@hotmail.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 1999 12:15 PM

Mark wrote:
>I think that he's talking about the big roll back canvas sunroof
used on
>various 60's cars (VW Sun Bug, MGB GT, Mini....). These provide most
of the
>convertible feel, while providing a bit more protection.

I actually do recall seing this on a GT6 in one of the many books at
home. The story - if I remember correctly - was that it was not done
by Triumph, but that Triumph would send the car off the assembly
line, and directly to this after-market manufacturer, and you could
have it installed. Looked quite neat on the picture that I saw. I
will get back to y'all when I get home and check it out.

Best regards,

Michael Noerregaard
'71 TR6 PI
'74 TR6
- used to own one GT6 Mk.2 (w/T-top - a strange aftermarket job), and
one GT6 Mk.3