RE: Constant Depression

To: "Tony Rhodes" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Constant Depression
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:31:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Not to beat this incredibly dead horse, but...

>(it is dampened temporarily with engine speed changes
>to temporarily enrich the mixture so you do not need a throttle enrichment
pump)

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it simply prevents it from going
lean?

>I just do not know why EVERYBODY didn't use the CD principle for carbs!

Because an accelerator pump enrichment system gives better throttle response
at the expense of fuel economy!

Not everyone wants to wait for the carbs to catch up with the engine...
(Even Brit's like Lotus and Aston Martin)

But then again, think of all the fun we'd miss out on talking about the
relative merits of ATF vs Bertoldi Extra Virgin Olive Oil in our dashpots!

All in fun chaps! :>)

Chris Lillja
'66 TR4A
'74 Norton Commando 850