I'm the new, proud keeper of a 1976 TR6

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm the new, proud keeper of a 1976 TR6
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:32:42 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, as I've had the pleasure of "listening" and learning with this list, I
now hope to be a contributor.

I've just today become the 2nd owner of a 1976 TR6.  The original title was
signed over and everything is official.  (Well, the original owner passed
away in 1980, and his son sold it to me.  So I'll call myself the second
purchasing owner.)

>From what I have found, there are a couple small rust areas that should
prove to be able to be cut out and re-welded.  It would also appear that
everything is complete and original - interior, exterior and hopefully the
mechanical components.  While they are there, they do require attention to
bring back around.  I'm sure I will find out the real story as I dig into
it!

My question for today revolves around the commission number versus the
engine number.  Based on the catalogues, the engine number (CF42733UE) would
have fallen in the 1975 year.  The commission number for the car is
CF52678U - which does fall within the 1976 model year.  Is it possible to
have such a vehicle commission number with this engine number?  I'm
wondering so I'll know whether it is completely original.

Thanks!  And be forewarned, this is only the beginning of the questions!
Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net