Re: Sandblasting- How hazardous?

To: Dave Rupert <Dave_Rupert@codl.com>
Subject: Re: Sandblasting- How hazardous?
From: FW Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:13:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I have been using the 40# pressurized sandblaster (SandiJet?) for my
projects. The precautions I have taken include the donning of
respirator, earplugs, cloth head gear, and long gloves.  The fact that I
have been sandblasting out on the driveway, sweeping up, sifting through
screens and using until there just isn't any cut to the sand any more-
creates an awful amount of dust.  For my own personal comfort, I'm not
going to push the envelope on this silica dust issue.

As for the comment about using the abrasive wheels-  you just can't beat
the integrity of determing how strong a panel is without a good blasting
from the sandblasting.

Cheers,
--
Frank Underwood
59 Ford Consul MKII 'lowline' convertible 204E/A 204E 205730