Re: paint code on 63 TR4, red

To: roland.mahle@po.uni-stuttgart.de
Subject: Re: paint code on 63 TR4, red
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:30:49 EDT
In a message dated 18-Apr-99 03:27:11 Eastern Daylight Time,
roland.mahle@mailrelay.uni-stuttgart.de writes:

> I'm trying to find the right kind of paint for my 1963 TR 4. All I know is
>  that it is red. is there a way of finding out what colour codes were used
>  by the Triumph company in 63 and what type of paint was used?
>  The Identification number of my Triumph is CT 17043L.
>  Any kind of help is appreciated!
>
>  Kind regards from Germany

Roland, the color is called Signal Red (triumph color code 32).  The codes
are:

PPG mix 70966

Dupont  83733-H

Dockers BF 5093, BF 5468, BF 5368, CGR33 or CHR14

ICI HILUX M-048-2859

Pinchon-Johnson PJ 427HS or PJ 427LB

Berger (Ault and Wiberg) 1/18338

That's what I show.  Please let me know what you find that matches the
original paint that you find on the car.  Hope that helps. Cheers.

Art Kelly