TR6 starting problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 starting problem
From: Ken & Lorna Steels <steels@navnet.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:13:28 -0300 (ADT)
 I have a starting problem with a 74 TR6. The car is stock, including
pollution control stuff. When the car is cold it starts fine. Sometimes
after it has been standing a while after running, the problem arises. It
will catch, run for a second and die. It will do this repeatedly for a dozen
or so times then it will start and be ok. As an example, today after being
stored all winter it started and stayed running. I drove it for about a half
hour, parked it for 4 or 5 hours and had the problem. Last fall it sometimes
did it when I stopped for gas and turned off the engine while filling the
tank. The problem began last fall. Has anyone solved a similar problem? Any
ideas.

Ken