Heat Shield

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat Shield
From: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:24:34 -0700
Hi list,

This has probably been hashed out before, but I haven't been able to find a
slution to this problem yet. Ever since I converted my Spit to twin SU's,
I've had terrible problems with vapour lock like symptoms. The only
difference, between this setup and my previous was that I used to have a
shield between the exhaust manifold & the carb. The one I had wouldn't fit
with the new assembly and was tossed by my friend who installed them. I've
been experimenting with home made shields (aluminum foil & fiberglass
insulation), but I have not been able to get the right setup. Has anyone
else been down this path, and how did you fix it. If this keeps up I may
just have to replace the LBJ with a Jeep.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Milotay, Principal
On the Mark Software & Consulting