TR 4A Dashboard Wood

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 4A Dashboard Wood
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:05:53 -0700
I'm finally following through on one of those projects that I started
long ago... a new dash for my TR 4A.  (Okay, well, let's just say it's
on my workbench... and hopefully I can play with it again...)

I believe  this thread has passed through here before... but I don't
recall the results....

What kind of wood should it be?   I READ "WALNUT" in the literature, but
my eyes & my experience, going back to 1977...  is a wood that looks
more like mahogony or even cherry.... based on looking at the original
wood on several TR 4A's I have owned...

What's the scoop?   I'd just appreciate some feedback here.

When I see TR 4A's with store-bought reproduction dashboards... they
look nothing like what I remember... etc.

--Justin