TR4 @%*£"># surrey softop

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 @%*£"># surrey softop
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:53:24 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
I just pulled the TR out for its first spin of '99 tomorrow,
my (apparently quite rare) aluminium surrey hard top
is over in TR Bitz in the UK getting list rails and headcloth fitted,
a luxury I have gone without for the last four years.
This leaves my doubleduck soft top and the pain in the ass I
had forgotten about.
Does any one else have to use KY jelly, a rubber mallet, a chisel
four ambidexterous contortionists and a rivet gun to get the leading
edge of the soft top to fit under the rail?
I am not sure if the rail is closed in on the windscreen and as such
I am reluctant to prise it too high. I would be interested just to hear
how difficult others find this task.

TIA
Peter Gillis
1963 TR4