RE: What's a Clickadjust and where do I get one?

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What's a Clickadjust and where do I get one?
From: "andy" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:17:27 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Clickadjust has to be the slickest tool for adjusting valve tappet
clearances.
It's sort of a short heavy duty screwdriver that turns inside a shaft that a
1/2" socket fits onto (there's also a lever on the shaft you put the
Clickadjust on the adjusting screw and nut, turn the handle to loosen the
nut then turn the screwdriver down until a large click is heard, turn the
screwdriver back counting the clicks until you get to the number you counted
in the setup (instructions on packet - simple), hold the screwdriver steady
and turn the lever to tighten the nut. Valve tappet adjusted perfectly.
I got mine from
http://www.cosmic-salamander.com/aep/
They were on backorder at the time so it was a little slow. Called some
other places too same story. This guy has the best price I found.
Andy
p.s. no financial interest. He can be a little slow but he travels in his
daytime job sometimes. He will get back to you and does business the way we
would expect. Don't take yer money till the parts on the way etc.