Re: Tr3A valve clearances - Clickadjust

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com, amdixon@erols.com
Subject: Re: Tr3A valve clearances - Clickadjust
From: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:13:05 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Maybe I'm going to complicate things... But..
I have a TR3 with a fast road or rally cam that I purchased from BPNW. With
that hotter cam they said to set the valves at .012 Intake and .013 exhaust.
I'm fairly sure that's correct, given that the exhaust valve would get
hotter and expand more. But with the original cam, they were set the same.
Around .010 - .012  My Bentley manual, I think, set the valves looser for
what they called "fast road work" I suppose to compensate for the valve
float that occurs at high RPM's

BTW, what is a Clickadjust?
--
Cheers,