Brit Classics

To: John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Brit Classics
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:54:35 +0100
Cc: 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi, John,

Just a note of congratulation on an excellent piece of telly work. Loved
the HSSK (Head Scarf, South Kensington) bit, have you any more such
pithy socio-economic classification for us? The Mk.II Elf was a beauty,
do you know its mileage?

Re the British Classic Cars series, I thought it was well executed
throughout. The highlight for me was the BMC 1100 whose entire front end
fell off when it went on the four post lift-I've been asked to repair
things like that. I also met the former owner of the Rapier seen trying
to roll its tyres off the rims in the rally footage last week. Jim Clark
taking the Mk. 1 Cortina down the bob sled run at Cortina was brilliant
too, especially since it was for real-not a computer generated pixel in
sight.

Let's hope, for the sake of our pals across the pond, that the series is
bought by the US.

Well Done,

Dave Hill