TR4 Profound Revelation on Replacement Parts & Availability

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Profound Revelation on Replacement Parts & Availability
From: Will Daehler <wdaehler@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:08:07 -0500
I have proved it time and time again as I restore my TR4, that the The
Roadster Factory has in stock and for sale many many parts, far beyond
what they even advertise, and even beyond whats available at Moss.

        These are parts that TRF really are not paying any attention
to.  They are not illustrated in their catalog "TR4 Glove Box
Companion", and are not featured in any promotional literature.  The way
I was able to find these parts was by using the generic TR4 Spare Parts
Catalog.  This is the original Triumph book, and since TRF uses the same
part numbers I look them up in the TRF Green Price book.  The price
books have every part number sold by TRF, all cars. Some are available,
some are superceeded, some are in stock only until the current supply
runs dry.
        Often I find parts which appear to be totally unavailable at the
other big two,  QUITE ready for the picking, and I've nabbed some bonzo
parts.  So the secrets out now. Happy restoring!

Will Daehler
63 TR4
Determined to be "On the Road" by the  Summer of '00.