Re: TR6 broken A-arm mount advice sought

To: Ian Macky <imacky@us.oracle.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 broken A-arm mount advice sought
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:56:46 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ian,

I would think that with a good repair, your suspension mounts should hold up.
My '74 TR6 has heavy front and rear sway bars (7/8" front, 3/4" rear), racing
springs, nylatron bushings and 225/50 14 Toyo R compound road race tires on it.
I've autocrossed the car for three years like this with no suspension problems
(though I did pull all of the axles studs out of one of the semi-trailing arms.

If you decide to replace the frame, you could probably find a good used one for
a lot less than the price of a new one.  I don't know where you are located,
but I've got one hanging in my barn that has been sand blasted and painted that
I would sell for $950.  I had been planning to use it to restore the 32,000
mile '76 TR6, which had been hit in the front, that is also sitting in the
barn; but it doesn't look like I am ever going to get to it.

Kevin Brown    '74 TR6   '76 TR6  '64 MGB  '71 MGB
Odessa, MO