Battery manufacturers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery manufacturers
From: "Dr. Faustus" <faustus@inconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:55:26 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Although this is after the discussion.  I found this list of who makes
who's batteries while doing research on NiCads for my R/C car.  I thought
it might be of interest.

  Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)

        Ameriton
        Duralast  (Contact local Auto Zone store)
        Energizer  (Contact local Target or Wards store)
        Equalizer  (Contact local Wards store)
        Eveready  (800-331-9926 or contact local Costco  or Wards store)
        Interstate  (800-272-6548)
        Motorcraft  (800-392-3673)
        Power Connection
        older Sears Diehards

  East Penn  (610-682-6361)

        American
        Electro
        Deka
        Hi-Tech
        Pow-R-Surge

  Douglas  (800-368-4527)

        Farmland  (Contact local store)

  AC Delco/Delphi  (800-223-3526)

        Diehard Gold  (Contact local Sears store)
        Double Eagle  (Contact local Firestone store)
        Dura Power
        Everstart  (Contact local Wal-Mart store)
        Freedom  (Contact local Sears store)
        Lastcell  (Contact local Trac Auto store)
        Tough One  (Contact local Western Auto store)
        Voyager

  GNB   (800-242-6750)

        Champion  (Contact local Sams store)
        Omaga  (800-925-6278 or contact local Wal-Mart store)
        Voyager  (Contact local Sams store)

  Exide (800-346-3760)

        Auto Express  (Contact local Wards store)
        Centura  (Contact local K-Mart store)
        DieHard non-Gold  (Contact local Sears store)
        Edge
        Legend  (800-538-6272 or contact local NAPA store)
        Motorvator  (Contact local K-Mart store)
        Power-Tron
        Prestolite  (Contact local HiLo store)
        Pro Start  (Contact local Pep Boys store)
        Quick Start  (Contact local Wards store)
        Sears  (Contact local store)
        Titan
        Value-Lite  (Contact local Firestone store)

Andy L.
'70 Spit

P.S. Visit http://www.repairfaq.org/ELE/F_Battery.html for some good
battery info.  The address is case sensitive.