Re: Weber Carbs

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:08:41 -0700
FWIW -- I frequently drive with a club member who has a Bugeye Sprite
that was converted to Webers by a PO.  Here is Tucson the drives can
range from 2,000' to 8,000' elevations.  The Bugeye only got as far as
5,000', then had to turn back.

He has not found a set-up that works over the altitude range we get in
Southern Arizona.  Maybe this problem is unique to him or maybe its a
limitation of Webers.  SUs OTOH run a bit rich at high altitudes but are
no problem if they're not too rich to begin with.

Just something to think about.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A