TR4 Sales Brochure (courtesy - Brian Sanborn)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Sales Brochure (courtesy - Brian Sanborn)
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:20:00 -0500
Listers,

I just finished looking through a TR4 sales brochure that Brian (thanks!)
sent me.  There were a couple of items that I found rather interesting.

There are 6 color options listed, Spa White, Signal Red, Black, Powder Blue,
British Racing Green and Cream.  I'm assuming the Cream was actually the
Velaquez Cream that was mentioned in Piggotts book.  This is probably
also the same color that was only supplied on 20 to 30 cars before it was
dropped in late 1961.

Here is a comment from the brochure about hard and soft tops.

"Hard top, soft top and tonneau covers available only in black and white.
The windshield frame is painted to match the top of all hard top models."
This is the first time I've seen the comment about the windscreen frame
being painted the same color as the hard top and that only two choices of
color were available for the tops.  Has anyone seen this before?  Did in fact
ALL hard tops get painted either black or white and did the windscreen
frames follow suit?  It seems that every TR4 that I've seen pictures of has
always had the windscreen frame painted the same as the body color.  I
wonder if this was something that never got implemented in practice.

It also mentions that the bucket seats were upholstered in "top grade
British leather".  That statement I would take with a grain of salt!!

Another interesting item mentioned was "the seats have been designed
with the help of an orthopedist to give your back the proper support.  You
can drive long and/or hard without strain."

One last item.  I'm not sure when Allstate insurance started their "you're in
good hands with Allstate" campaign but I bet Triumph beat them to the
punch with their "You're in good hands with Triumph" statement that was
made in the brochure!

Oh well, back to work.......................

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/9/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108