RE: TR6 carbon cannister location?

To: "'Rodney Orr'" <rodney@mindoro.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 carbon cannister location?
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:48:00 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I can't help with a '70, but on my '76 TR6 the canister is mounted in a
metal bracket that is attached to the right side of the radiator, held
in place by the two radiator bolts (bottom and side).  The canister is
held in place by a round metal band that is fastened by a machine screw
and nut.

Anyway, that's how a '76 is assembled.

As I was ready to send this message, a quick review of the Victoria
British catalog shows a different looking mounting bracket for the
'70-'71.  That mounting bracket (which VB doesn't sell) appears to mount
with two bolts - apparently into the sheet metal (my best guess from the
illustration).

Jack Radley