Re: TR6 carbon cannister location?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 carbon cannister location?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:48:09 -0400
Rodney Orr wrote:

> I'm trying to reinstall the carbon cannister on my '70 LHD TR6 (removed by
> a PO).  I thought it should bolt onto the right rad support stay, but there
> isn't enough room (by 5-10 mm) between it and the wheelarch.  A couple of
> pictures I have from various books show cannisters mounted behind the upper
> of the 2 bottom rad hoses (bolted on the engine mount?), and ahead of the
> rad support stay and even with the rad.  Can anyone set me straight?
> Thanks,
> Rod.  '70 TR6 CC55899L

Rod,

On the '70, the canister sits in a bracket that attaches to the right side
engine
mount.  If you look carefully, you should have two studs in the upper holes in
the
engine mounting pad on the block.  Both the bracket for the motor mount and the
canister bracket go on these two studs.  The bottom holes receive bolts, as do
all
mounts on the later cars when the bracket was moved to the rad. support rod.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars