TR4A burned wire - please help

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A burned wire - please help
From: "Accumap Services Ltd." <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 17:43:40 -0700
I couldn't start my TR4A one day last August, so I jumped into the daily
driver and left the problem until this day. I haven't left the old girl
sitting 6 months since I don't know when. I feel bad about that but at
least my young children are happy and well adjusted.

I pulled the distributor cap off and the wire from the case to the points
had burned up. All sorts of melting went on. Did it just short out or could
there be some other source? The wife and kids are away for the weekend so I
was hoping to get it going. No time for research, please help.

"Desperate North of Seattle"

Rod Knox
Accumap Services Ltd.
1234 Union Road