Re: TR3 Carb Synchronization

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Carb Synchronization
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 15:45:56 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I've always used the pointers that go into the top of the dashpots.  I
find that, after getting the carbs synchronized with the throttles
partly open (by adjusting the clamps), I can usually get them
synchronized at idle by adjusting the idle speed screws.  Any large
difference is due to 'sticktion' in the dashpots or needle centering.

I don't see that synchronization is all that critical anyway.  Even at
redline, the last 1/4" of throttle travel doesn't seem to do anything,
and my idle doesn't seem noticeably rougher until the sync is WAY out.
Of course, that could just be my engine <g>

Randall