Trailing arms

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailing arms
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 17:48:19 -0700
I'm finishing up a 5 year resto on a '66 TR4A, and about a year ago I
took the car to the alignment shop to set the front and rear. The car
had all the panels on (for fit), but no chrome, bumpers, interior, etc.
Every thing was new in the suspension, springs, bushings, shocks etc.
The front came out nice, but the tech couldn't get the negative toe in
out of the rear. I assumed once all the weight was on, or perhaps after
some use, the springs would relax. She's nearly finished (doing the
interior this month), and she still toes in a bit. Any ideas??? Were the
trailing arms left natural aluminum finish or painted black? Jerry,
Olympia, WA.