Motorola Radio needed for TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Motorola Radio needed for TR4A
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 15:55:53 -0400
Hi gang:

My plea for help this morning in the search for an A-type overdrive casing
seems to in the process of being resolved.  It's been said before, but
"isn't this list great?".

So, with success hopefully in the wings, let's try for another!

My 1967 TR4A has the dealer installed Motorola AM/FM radio.  Unfortunately,
the volume
control does not provide sufficient loudness (putting your ear to the
speaker is difficult as the passenger sometimes gets in the way!).  Also,
the FM function does not work.  Complicating this is the fact that a loose
fitting on the oil gauge resulted in the radio getting "oiled".  The local
radio "mechanic" doesn't have a lot of interest in fixing it - he says the
oil has fouled the tuner and since new tuners are no longer available, ...
- "put a cassette deck in it and forget it!".

Does anyone have one of these radios they no longer need?  I'll even except
junk as
the parts could be very useful.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                 e-mail: ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Y2K Project Manager             v-mail: 613-533-2228
Dupuis Hall, Computing Centre      fax: 613-533-2168
Queen's University                home: 613-542-8110
Kingston, Ontario CANADA K7L 3N6  toys: '54 TR2,'56 TR3,'67 TR4A,'80 TR8

Q u e e n ' s  Y 2 K   U R L :  http://www.its.queensu.ca/year2000