Speaking of Speedo's

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speaking of Speedo's
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 19:05:22 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"

Hello Listers,
        Ya know, this talk of wagging speedometer needles brings up an
interesting
problem with my 71 TR6.  Both my speedometer and tach. bounce wildly when at
highway speeds.  I've tried removing the cables and spraying CRC 226 down
the cables to lubricate them, but still it's bounce city.  Also, comparing
the mechanical tach with an electronic one, my RPM's are about 35% higher on
the mechanical vs. electronic.  That means at 70 mph, my tach reads about
4,800 RPM, (between bounces).  Any one of the speedo/tach geniuses out there
have any ideas?
Thanks,
Kelly Alford
71TR6