Re: a rare item indeed!

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: a rare item indeed!
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 17:11:06 -0700
Cc: Mark Gendron <mister_toad@email.msn.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Kai Radicke wrote:

> >Does anyone need a distributor cap for a Triumph TR4/TR250?  :-)
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=86579115
> >
> >-mg
> > 1954 TR2 TS2571L
>
> "You're bidding on a NEW distributor cap for a 4 cyl. Triumph TR4/TR250 etc.
> Moss sells new for $16. Please add $4 for shipping. NO RESERVE! "
>
> Hmm, if anyone has a 4 cylinder TR250 (original) please let me know.  ;-)
> I think the seller means TR4/TR4A.  But since he doesn't a) know what he is
> talking about and b) he doesn't provide a picture I wouldn't be too sure on
> what your actually bidding on.  The same person is also selling a VW Beetle
> Radio...
>
> As always with online auctions be wary about misinformation and auctions
> that do not provide pictures of the item up for bid.  I, as a rule, will not
> bid on something that doesn't include an image.  The only time I make an
> exception is when I'm bidding on an item put up by someone I've bided with
> before.
>
> BTW, your initials don't suit your mode of transportation ;-)
>
> chocks away,
>
> --
> Kai Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
> 1966 MGB -- 1974 Triumph TR6

Now, just to add some fuel to the dist cap fire, No V/W Beetle was ever
shipped with a radio, NONE, as in they never did install them at the
factory. Not just the beetle, but the Ghia, the Bus, Camper, 411/412 and
so on & on. The dealer installed "Sapphire" radios in most, if you want
to call a "Sapphire" original.