Re: TR6 final drive

To: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6packlist@mfasco.com
Subject: Re: TR6 final drive
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 10:57:02 +1000
At 7:02 AM +1000 4/4/99, Rodney Orr wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if the 3.55:1 ratio indicated on the face of my tach
>relates to what the final drive should be?  If  so, isn't it supposed to be
>3.7:1 for a '70 NA TR6?
>Thanks,
>Rod.  '70 TR6 CC55899L

The tachometer is independent of the final drive.  The 3.55:1 MIGHT
indicate the ratio between the engine revs and the speed of the tachometer
cable.  This would be the gearing in the distributor, etc.  For a similar
example, the ratio between speed of the drive shaft and the speedometer
cable is  2.5:1 (I think).

AFAIK all carb TR6s did have 3.7 diffs.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U