Re: FW: SU HS8 Carburetor Problem -- Problem Found, Maybe

To: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Subject: Re: FW: SU HS8 Carburetor Problem -- Problem Found, Maybe
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:47:49 -0700 (MST)
Cc: Tom Winslow <tom_winslow@email.msn.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Most parts are avaliable from burlen fuel systems in england.  Although
the float style depends on when the carb is made.  Most HS8's had a free
floating float.  No hinge or anything.  the early styles had a rod through
middle and an 0 shaped float.  The late sytles had the pivoting float.
the HS8's I have on my Tr6 have the free floating brass float.

aaron