Diagnosis, Please

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diagnosis, Please
From: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 99 23:05:40 -0800
Sent:        4/1/99 11:03 PM
To:          triumphs@autox.team.net

Hi folks.

I haven't posted in the last 4 months or so, because I've been enjoying
the solid reliability of British Leyland transportation.  Actually, I've
been driving my 76 TR6 any time the temperature has gotten above 40 (it
was near 80 in Tennessee today) and loving it.  But it couldn't last
forever.

Today, I heard a strange high-pitched whine when I depress the clutch.
It seems to go away when I release the clutch but I can't be sure it's
entirely gone due to road & exhaust noise.  Strangely, after the car is
driven for several miles, the noise seems to go away completely.  There
are no other noticeable symtoms:  no slipping or stumbling while
accelerating, no clutch smell . . . I definitely associate it with the
area near the clutch, not the transmission.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Ian CF57345U