Re: Generators NO LBC

To: vitesse@juno.com
Subject: Re: Generators NO LBC
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 1999 20:32:38 -0700
Cc: dmjbaker@pop.erols.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

vitesse@juno.com wrote:

> FWIW, I work for a major retailer ( home improvement type ), probably
> safe to say the largest in the US, and we can't get generators either.
> It is partly due to the hurricanes that swept through Puerto Rico last
> fall, partly due to Y2K, partly due to a major problem with Briggs and
> Stratton engines.

Y2K problems sound a bit outlandish, if that's what the suppliers are
suggesting, but the problem with the B&S engines might well be the real
source of the difficulty--if I recall correctly, Briggs & Stratton
closed their major engine plant in Milwaukee a while back, with the
intent of moving that plant offshore... I didn't hear where. But, if
they decided to have them made in Sri Lanka or mainland China, or
wherever, I'm not surprised they'd be having problems.

Cheers.