General exhaust question

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: General exhaust question
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:26:49 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

I was browsing thru the Competition Prep manual for the GT6 and found an
interesting tidbit that I'd like to throw out for comment.  Kastner states
(basically) that making a dual exhaust exit cost his car about 6 horsepower
versus a single exhaust exit.  I'm certainly not questioning the master, but
is this normal?  There are many dual exhaust systems available for the GT6,
and they are in common use today on street and race cars.  Surely I'm
missing some basic exhaust knowledge here.  I'm interested because I am
about to purchase and install a street/race type exhaust system.  Reply to
the list or me personally.

Thanks for all the good advice and comraderie in advance.

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034L
Braselton (Road Atlanta), GA