RE: 2 gt6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 2 gt6 questions
From: dmahlmeister@net-ex.com (David Mahlmeister)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:12:27 -0500
Cc: arthurhsmith@compuserve.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:31:24 -0500
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Subject: 2 gt6 questions

1) the support for the differential has a hole on each side of the diff
and
what are they for???

2) on top of the rear portion of the casing is a small plug looking like
miniature freeze plug. There is a hole in it and a cotter pin in it
(pressure relief??) Is this normal or DPO.

The arthur
kit car aka 69 GT6
garage ornament aka 82 Jag
box on wheels aka ford

Arthur,
I just had my 72 tr6 diff off for some emergency  mount repairs and
noticed the plug with the cotter pin in it too.  I too thought it was a
DPO repair.  After looking in the "Bible" ( Bently), there it was in one
of the illustrations.  I believe it to be a breather but it sure looks
like an ideal way to allow dirt and moisture to enter.