Oil pump

To: brianr@mvp.net
Subject: Oil pump
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:34:17 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Brian,

Thanks for your info on BPNW having the internals for my TR6 Oil Pump, I
called them and they said they have 50 kits in stock @ $35.00 ea. fits the
aluminum Oil Pump only which I have :).
I ordered mine today and they said it would ship on Monday. They told me to
use a piece of emery cloth backed by a piece of Plexiglas to sand of the
circular ridges on the bottom plate of the oil pump, this is the area that
will make the most difference in improving the performance of the pump or so I
am told.

I also ordered standard Main Bearings and Con Rod Bearings along with standard
Thrust Washers from Moss a few days ago. I asked for Vandeveil brand, and they
said they only have AE brand I think? They said that all bearings are pretty
much the same these days, the guy from British Parts Northwest said the same
thing. I also was told that I would not have to remove (and therefore replace)
any gaskets except the pan gasket.

I love this list,

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6   Mallard/New Tan