Non-LBC HAPPY.EXE Worm Virus

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-LBC HAPPY.EXE Worm Virus
From: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 99 14:29:50 PST
Hi Group,

I saw this one hit a photography list I am on about 2 days ago. I you receive
an e-mail message with an attachment titled "Happy.exe" delete it immediately.
This is a "worm" program which will replicate itself by attaching to outgoing
mail messages without the users knowledge. It does not damage the users
computer but instead attacks servers and networks by overloading e-mail
systems. One user on the photo list even got a negative hit with a virus
scanner on the thing (don't know which virus scan software, probably needs to
be updated).

I know many of you access this list by way of your company e-mail and this
thing is a particular danger on company nets. Your sys admin would not be a
happy camper if this thing got on his mail server.

There is a more complete posting about this on CNN Online in the computing
section. There is also a "cure" available according to the posting.

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Triumph enthusiast and sys admin