RE: Bonnet Release TR2

To: "Paul g. Wiegman" <pwiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Bonnet Release TR2
From: "Phil @ kalamazoo.net" <philpatt@kalamazoo.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:11:54 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I noticed the serial # on your 1956 TR3 and assumed that It has
> disk brakes that were standard.  The books indicate that the change
> from drums to disks was made @ TS13036.  It that is correct, and
> you have disks, then your car is one of the oldest still around
> with factory disks.

Since it's in the garage all covered with miscellaneous junk, I hadn't
even thought about it.  Now I'll have to look this weekend when I'm
there (both my cars are at my Dad's.  Heated garage, ya know).

I had planned on trying to restore the TR2 to "original" specs, but have
pretty much given up on that idea, as it has too many odd, unavailable
parts.  The TR3 will one day again be the bold Black w/ Red Leather
interior that it once was.  As a bonus, all the numbers match my BMIHT
certificate, so I suspect that it does indeed have front discs.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}